PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM
A popular choice for those looking to migrate to another country is Canada. And why not? The immigrant-friendly policies of Canada and the government’s encouragement of migrants to come and settle here have motivated many to try and migrate here.
Apart from this, settling down in Canada holds the promise of a comfortable lifestyle and the right living conditions. There are numerous job opportunities and the promise of personal freedom.
One of the options to migrate to Canada is to obtain a Permanent Resident (PR) visa. With a PR visa, you will be given permanent resident status. The validity of a PR visa is five years which can later be renewed.
Benefits of Permanent Residency in Canada:
Permanent Residency visa lets you and your family members following benefits:
- Stay in Canada indefinitely
- Work in Canada
- Study at subsidized rate in Canada
- Enrol in Government medial scheme for health-related care and expenses
- Apply for Canadian citizenship (Eligibility Conditions Apply)
- Sponsor your siblings for permanent residence to Canada.
You might be eligible to apply for Permanent Residency CANADA, if you have:
- Of certain Age
- Obtained an Evaluation Credential Assessment Report (Following agencies are currently designated by CIC to issue ECA report)
- Comparative Education Service: University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
- World Education Services
- International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
- International Credential Evaluation Service
- Experience of at least one year (Best to have three plus years of experience)
- IELTS/CELPIP score
- If married, Spouse need to get ECA report and IELTS/CELPIP score
- Additional points for siblings living in Canada on Permanent Residency visa/ Citizen
- Score a minimum score to be eligible to apply
- Invitation to apply for Permanent Residency from CIC
Documents requirement for applying for Permanent Residency:-
- Passport for all applicant’s
- Passport size Photograph
- Academic Documents
- ECA report
- Experience Certificate
- Payment proofs of Employment
- IELTS/CELPIP score for you and your spouse
- Police clearance Certificate from all countries living in any country for a period for more than 12 months.
- Financial documents
Canada offers nearly 80 different Provincial Nominee Program or PNP which have their individual eligibility requirements. The PNP program allows provinces to meet their individual immigration needs by helping them fill jobs that are in demand and meet labor shortages in their province.
Most PNPs require applicants to have some connection to the province. They should have either worked earlier in that province or studied there. Or they should have a job offer from an employer in the province for a job visa.
However, there are some PNPs which require no previous connection to the province you are applying for, you can apply directly to the PNP program of that province.
An applicant must score a minimum number of points to be able to apply for a PR visa. Here are the various criteria under which you can score points to meet the eligibility requirement:
- Work experience
- Language ability
- Arranged employment
How do I qualify for a PR visa through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)?
If you feel that you may not get the required points for a PR visa under the Express Entry program, you can consider the Provincial Nominee Program. There are two ways to use the PNP program to get your PR visa.
- If any province requires a profile like yours, they can select your profile for nomination and send you an invitation to apply for a PR visa.
- If you want to settle in a specific Canadian province, you can directly apply to that province.
- If you meet the requirements you will receive a nomination from the province. You can apply for permanent residency after you receive the nomination form.
Another advantage of using the PNP program is you can include the points you scored in the Express Entry Program if you applied for a PR visa under that program earlier. These points will be added to your PNP profile.