STUDY IN UNITED KINGDOM
REQUIREMENTS TO STUDY IN UK
A points-based scheme is being introduced covering migration to work and study in the UK.
- From March 2009, all students coming to the UK on programs of longer than 6 months in duration will be assessed under the new system – as “Tier 4” applicants i.e. the student category.
- Students will need to show that they are “sponsored” i.e. have an offer from a licensed institution to study full-time on a program which leads to a minimum qualification within the UK’s National Qualification Framework.
- Once applicants have met all the conditions of their offer we will issue a Certificate of Acceptance of Sponsorship (CAS) to enable them to apply for a student visa. Please note that this will be in the form of a unique ID number.
- Passport number, passport issue and expiry dates (where student has a passport)
- A complete list of qualifications on the application form.
- Applicants for student visas will also need to demonstrate that they have funding for the first year of the tuition fees PLUS £7200/year outside London and £9000/year inside London as living cost.
- Student visas will be issued for named institutions and students wishing to change university either before or after coming to the UK will need to apply for reapproval.
|LEVEL OF COURSE||NQF LEVEL||SELT REQUIRED||IELTS LEVEL||TOFEL LEVEL||PTE LEVEL|
|Foundation course / Pre Diploma / Diploma / Advanced Diploma||4 to 5||B1||4.0 in each module||Listening-13 Reading-8 Writing-17 Speaking-19 TOTAL SCORE-57||43 in each module|
|Bachelors / Graduate Diploma / PG Diploma / Masters / Research||6 to 7||B2||5.5 in each module||Listening-21 Reading-22 Writing-21 Speaking-23 TOTAL SCORE-87||59 in each module|