Study in New Zealand
WHY STUDY IN NEW ZEALAND?
WORLD CLASS LEARNING INSTITUTIONS AND WORLD-WIDE RECOGNITION
New Zealand has an international reputation as a provider of quality education. It has a progressive education system with many state of the art facilities. It offers a safe learning environment with excellent study opportunities and support services for international students.
New Zealand produces top graduates who can take their place with confidence in the international arena in many disciplines. Sir Ernest Rutherford, who first split the atom, and Dr Bryan Barrett-Boyes, prominent international heart surgeon, are two examples of the caliber of New Zealand graduates.
SAFE PLACE TO STUDY & HIGH STANDARDS OF LIVING
According to Global Peace Index (GPI), New Zealand is rated the most peaceful country in the world. New Zealand has received No.1 ranking on GPI for two consecutive years.
According to NatWest International Personal Banking Quality of Life Index, New Zealand is ranked as a good place to live, work, and study. It was ranked highly on the basis that it has an affordable cost of living that offers residents a high standard of living.
STUDY IN NEW ZEALAND
- Courses are available for academic, professional and vocational studies at universities, polytechnics and private training establishments.
- Twenty five institutions in New Zealand are part of the polytechnic system and provide education and training in a broad range of industry and occupation based vocational studies. Many polytechnics offer undergraduate degree programs as well.
- New Zealand has Eight universities offering degree programs at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in academic and professional studies.
- All universities offer a broad range of subjects for degrees in commerce, science and the arts. Each university has also developed its own specialist subjects, such as engineering, computer studies, medicine and agriculture.
- There are also a number of private tertiary institutes and private training providers.
BENEFITS OF STUDYING IN NEW ZEALAND
- The advantages of the education system in New Zealand to international students can not be over-emphasised; it is a system that offers an attractive and stimulating academic environment.
- New Zealand is the youngest country on earth – the last major landmass to be discovered. It has a rich and fascinating history, reflecting both our Maori and European heritage. Amazing Maori historic sites and taonga (treasures), some dating back almost a thousand years, are a contrast to many beautiful colonial buildings.
- International students can expect a high standard of education and living conditions.
- English is the everyday language of New Zealanders and there is strong English Language support for international students.
- Living and tuition costs compare well with other countries.